Back to Basics
Every year Alistair Begg holds a Basics Conference. I’m listening and think you will enjoy it too:
A look at the Coronation, past the pomp and circumstance
As always, Al Mohler (who is secretly an Anglophile) took a look at the symbols in the ceremony of King Charles III at his coronation. Worth a listen/read:
A great answer to an ancient question
If God is good, why do bad things happen? Rabbi Kushner, whose book was a famous and failing attempt to answer that question, recently died, bringing that question back to the forefront. Here is a solid answer, and in which case you might know someone else who needs it:
Great Quote (simple but necessary to recall often):
Paradigm for Prayer
Here’s the outline I use for prayer, meant to use in personal devotion or as bullets ready to fire at any time. Works for me. I commend it to you:
- Faith – stepping out into the uncertain in order to obey God’s word in fulfillment of His call on my life.
- Flaws – those attitudes and actions that keep me from honoring Christ as He deserves.
- Fears – those inclinations towards self-preservation that keep me from obedience unless I am guaranteed what I think is secure.
- Family – the people that matter most to me in the world, for whom I would die and for whom I will live.
- Fitness – the stamina I have to give myself wholeheartedly to God’s will for me.
- Finances – the resources He’s entrusted to me that I might steward them wisely for eternity.
- Future – what I entrust and submit to God before it happens, both my plans and the results.
- Flock – the people for whom I will give an account one day to God for whether I cared for them as I would Him.
- Friends – the people who shape and influence the trajectory of my life.